About Me

My photo
Lori is a Bible believer and openly shares her insights so that others may know the fullness of Life in Jesus as He said in John 10:10b "I have come so that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Monday, September 8, 2014

Three Things God Doesn't Like About My Serving



Ponder. God ponders. God ponders us. We don’t realize it because we aren’t seeing Him yet.

The definitions of ponder from the Merriam Dictionary is 1. To weigh in the mind. 2. To think about: reflect on. 3. To think and consider quietly, soberly, deeply.

Here is a verse where God ponders.

Proverbs 5:21 KJV

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

God called me out because He was pondering my heart.

I hadn’t thought about how He ponders my heart in the way that I serve.  Serving is good, right?

Here’s three ways He told me that He does not like in my heart of service.  What?!

1.    You serve in fear.

He nailed it!  I have served out of fear of not doing what I believed He wanted from me.  I have served in fear to keep from His disapproval if I didn’t serve. 

 

2.    You serve in hopes of pleasure and praise.

 I have and do.  I hope that I will feel so good about myself for serving!  And I hope He will say, “Way to go, you’re the best!”  And I’ve hoped others may say it, too.

 

3.    You serve in frequent abuse of expectations and wills.

Yes, I have.  I have been pushed into serving because others believe I should be doing it and said so, or said I’d be missing out.  I have tried to meet expectations of people that have made me feel less if I didn’t serve. Fearing heavy sighs of disapproval. Abuse.

And for anyone that I have ever pushed and made to feel like they should serve or volunteer or help in times of “recruiting” that wasn’t out of love, but expectation, I am so sorry.

Here is what God then told me how to be. 

“Daughter, be free in Me being your all, and your all in being.

Just be, Daughter. 

Enjoy Me.

Serving is good, but worship is best. 

Be in worship, in peace, and in promise.  I make the remainder to happen.

Delight in Me. Read My ways and see Miracles in Me.”

I see now that anything I do in service is to be from a heart of worship.  Of “being” and that it is up to Him to lead me into places that may bless others because He is the One I am thinking of, not out of fear, or for my own praise or others’ expectations. 

But, by adoring Him! Delighting in Him!

Being… in His peace.

In His freedom. 

His promise.

We are free to be by seeing Him, admiring Him and delighting in Him.  It’s highest on His list.

 Service is good, but worship is best.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment