About Me

My photo
Lori is a Bible believer and openly shares her insights so that others may know the fullness of Life in Jesus as He said in John 10:10b "I have come so that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Monday, April 14, 2014

Fair Weather

 
 
 
Battling a new cold-snap here in Minnesota following several glorious days of spring warmth, the hearts and hopes are dashed that winter feels like it is back. Some are angered. Idle threats of moving on to someplace else start to pop up. Our son groaned as I pulled out his winter coat again. But, as soon as the sun shines and a warm breeze comes, we are out reveling in this place of Minnesota and where we call “home.” 
Fair weather fans of sports teams. 
I admit I am one.  Ultimately, I don’t have much faith in some of my home teams, but when they are doing well I cheer along as if I am one of them.  True fans, through thick and thin, look bewildered when it comes to my late cheers.  And then a loss…and I’m gone. 
Many relationships begin to reveal the fair weather hearts.  There are fair weather men and all-weather women and vice-versa.  How many people have walked away from relationships because it wasn’t as fun as it was before? Or, hardships come, lack of jobs, hopelessness, illness, dismay and the plans desired don’t occur. “It must be because of you,” we think. “You don’t make me feel as good as before.” And we walk.  
I see it in faith and relationship with God over and over again.  I admit to having had my days of doubt because things were hard, or quiet and I felt alone.  Where was God?  It’s the mindset of, “What have you done for me lately?”  Our faith becomes about being self satisfied. But, how flimsy and sorrowful that time is.  It is a faith that is weak and quickly loses hope.  But what it really has lost are the eyes of how good God is. 
In every hard time, loss and sorrow, He promises a blessing.
Matthew 5:3-12
3“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
 8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
 Good will come to those who love him and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28.  When you surrender to the knowledge that He has promised to never leave you or forsake you, every situation is going to be used by Him to draw you nearer to Him. He shows you His presence and power and desire to know Him in all things. 
 A flame is brightest in the dark. 
Taking our eyes off of ourselves or just opening our eyes and onto Him is the starting place.  Reflecting on Who He has been in your life.  I have my life.  He is my Father and Creator of this life in me.  I breathe, my heart beats and it is all given to me by Him.  It is as basic as that and then so much more.
Asking to see Him in my life a while ago when I was going through some harder times, He gave me a video snap shot of all the good He has given to me.  None of those things He had given was I able to do, it is all of Him.  How could I doubt?  But, I did.  And, again in His faithfulness, He reminded me of it all.  I just had to be willing to look at every bad that has happened and how He has given and I received a way through it and how later, more good and a stronger faith came that could only come from Him.  From there He taught that He will be there in hard times, that He will provide what I need, even better faith.  It strengthened my faith greatly.
When I falter it is because I start to look to myself instead of His promises and power.
In prayer recently the LORD said the words, “Messiah Jireh.”  I didn’t really know what it meant exactly.  I recognized the words in familiarity.  I always think of Jesus as Messiah and thought more of the word “Savior.”  In Hebrew, Messiah really means Anointed One.  Jireh means provide. 
The first place that the word Jireh was used is in Genesis 22:14. It is following when Abraham was told to sacrifice his son Isaac and Abraham was not going to withhold it because he knew God would provide the ram or sacrifice.  Whatever way the sacrifice was to be, it was of God and Abraham had faith in Who God is, letting go of his plans for God’s plans in what would have been painful obedience and faith-filled trust that no matter what, God is good. 
When he was ready to raise the knife he was told to stop.  There in the thicket was the ram, caught by its horns.  Genesis 22:13-14   Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”
Messiah Jireh.  The Anointed One Provides. He provided our sacrifice, He provides for our faith, He provides the fulfillment of every promise, He provides everlasting love and life. He provides all that we need in good weather and bad.  He is there. Have faith.
Romans 4:3 ESV For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”
“Jesus sought the lowly place so He could lift you up to the highest place.  He was rejected by men so you could be accepted by God.  He was acquainted with grief so that you could be comforted with the love that knows no limits and has no end” ~ Roy Lessin  Meet Me In the Meadow.com
He loves us at our worst.  He loves us when we don’t give Him fair weather days.  He loves us and gives us His best.  His love.  Always.
Jeremiah 31:3  the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Believing is committing.  Committing to His good and perfect plan even amidst what seems dark. 
Committing in fair weather and in bad because He Is Good.
Because He loves.
Messiah Jireh.
The Anointed One Provides.


No comments:

Post a Comment