About Me

My photo
Lori is a Bible believer and openly shares her insights so that others may know the fullness of Life in Jesus as He said in John 10:10b "I have come so that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Monday, February 10, 2014

Melchizedek




Solid food eaters welcome.

You are going to need to call your own thoughts together and discern this for yourself.  I am not going to tell you what to believe.  Judge for yourselves what seems to be right or wrong.

 I have a conversational flow with the LORD.  I have for a while and if I am to believe any of the things I believe He has spoken to me, I have to believe this. 

Receiving some words nine months ago, it was so hot I had to just let it sit.  I didn’t know what to do with it.  I felt like Charlton Heston as Moses coming down from the mountain with white hair.  It has since sat and cooled and my brunette has grown back in. Okay, I color it. I’d poke at this message every now and then and now I’m confident enough that I can write it.

Melchizedek is a person in the Bible that has every commentator writing on his mystery.  No one knows for sure.  They make guesses and analyze the scriptures to try and find answers, but it too is mysteriously written.  And then again, it seems clear.

The first verse where Melchizedek is mentioned is Genesis 14:18 And Melchizedek, the king of Salem and a priest of God Most High, brought Abram some bread and wine.

Plain and simple: Melchizedek means King of Righteousness in Hebrew.

Salem means peace in Hebrew.  King of Peace.

Melchizedek brought bread and wine.  These are the two elements that Christ used in teaching us as a remembrance of his body, blood and sacrifice.  Scripturally it says that Jesus took the cup.  It is assuming that there is wine in it.  Jesus' first miracle was turning the water into wine, where Moses' turned the water into blood.  If Jesus was sharing a "cup" and referencing it as his blood, it is wise to consider it being wine.

“A priest of God Most High”

Hebrews 4:14  Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

The definition for righteous is: without sin or fault.  He’s King of it.

Melchizedek comes out of the chutes as a Christ typology.

Genesis 14:19-20  19 Melchizedek blessed Abram with this blessing: “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth. 20 And blessed be God Most High, who has defeated your enemies for you.” Then Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all the good he had recovered.

Here are the words that I believe I received.  Because of them, I set out to understand if it could be true.  Did I hear right? 

Hear My Name, Jehovah Immanuel.  The giver of Life.  The one living among you.  The Messiah.  I AM in all things all the Spirit shows.  I bring life into all things dead, into all things new and into all things renewed for I AM the giver of Life. 

Melchizedek is my name in the times of Abram, for none but Christ could bless in the name of the LORD except by Priesthood.  I AM He whom you call for I rule the heavens and earth.  My staff is about Me, My sword is My Spirit and My words speak forth.

Hear Me, O Israel.  I AM He for I AM the Messiah, King of the Jews, Prince of Peace, House of Bread and wine of life.  My blood pours forth your forgiveness and my lips speak out in blessing and truth.

If you have seen Me you know the Father.  I refresh.  I bless. I provide and I aid in the life worth living and everlasting. I AM He who walks on waters. I AM He who walks from fire and I AM He who blesses the man named Abraham to the day Christ Jesus fulfills all law.  I AM, says the LORD of hosts.  I AM He.

Maybe you can see why I had to let it cool a bit before I wrote.  Here is where I tussled.  Was Melchizedek Him?  Abram recognized the LORD when He came to see him under the tree with two other men in Genesis 18.  It says that Abram bowed down before him.  It doesn’t say that he bowed to Melchizedek and so I questioned. The LORD reminded me that Abram gave Melchizedek ten percent of everything he had gained in his victories.  I was reminded that it was an offering made in way of honor and sacrifice to his mediator.

Later, when God appoints Aaron into priesthood, part of the requirement of the Hebrew people to Aaron and the Levitical priests are that they are to give their priests ten percent.  These are the ones that mediate between them and God.  But these priests are only men and have to make their own sacrifices and offerings before the LORD along with the offerings of the people.  Melchizedek did not make a sacrifice for himself.

Hebrews chapters 5,6,7 and 8 are about Jesus as High Priest and the references of Melchizedek.  All around it, as if dancing with the news, is written as Christ being in the order of Melchizedek. 

Hebrews 7:2-3

2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

The Psalmist prophesied to this in Psalm 110:4  The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind, “You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:15-28

15This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, 16who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17For it is witnessed of him,

“You are a priest forever,

after the order of Melchizedek.”

 18For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19(for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, 21 but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:

“The Lord has sworn

and will not change his mind,

‘You are a priest forever.’”

 22This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, 24 but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. 25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost because of those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. 28 For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.

You can spend lots of time in these chapters looking at the ways Christ is in place or order of Melchizedek.  Chapter 7:26 describes Jesus as holy, innocent, unstained.  These are the qualities of righteousness.  Where Christ became Messiah, which means savior, He died as the sacrifice for all.  The verse before says, “Consequently, he is able to save.”  When the time had come to fulfill all law, He did so and then sacrificed Himself for us once and for all as the perfect High Priest who lives forever.

If Melchizedek fully represents Christ typology, I saw His counterpart who had approached Abram at the same time; the king of Sodom.  Sodom is shortly destroyed because of the evil that was within it.  Prior to that and immediately following Abram’s encounter with Melchizedek, the king of Sodom says in Genesis 14:21, “Give back my people who were captured.  But you may keep for yourself all the goods you have recovered.” 22 Abram replied to the king of Sodom, “I solemnly swear to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will not take so much as a single thread or sandal thong from what belongs to you.  Otherwise you might say, “I am the one who made Abram rich.”

 The king of Sodom is a tempter with worldly wealth and would have changed the plan and promise and blessing of the LORD had Abram given into him.  He appears to represent Satan typology.  In the same way in Matthew 4, as Satan tried to tempt Jesus in the desert by offering him all of the worldly kingdoms if he worshipped him, Satan was trying to change the plan that God had in place and promised at the beginning with Abraham.

Speaking to us in the way that I received the message, it is as if the LORD is making a bold statement of revelation for a people to know Him.

 Romans 11:15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

And the prophesies of Jeremiah 23:5-6

Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. 6In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The Lord is our righteousness.

Jeremiah 33:16

In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness’

I hope that you will study for yourselves these chapters and recognize the depths of learning that His Spirit provides.  It is part of our Spiritual maturity and growth.  Had not His Spirit opened up the revelation of the words I believe He told me, I would not have matured in my understanding of the teaching.  Hebrews 5:11-14 addresses the call to become mature and that “solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.”
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. ~ John 14:26

No comments:

Post a Comment