About Me

My photo
Lori is a Bible believer and openly shares her insights so that others may know the fullness of Life in Jesus as He said in John 10:10b "I have come so that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's Okay



 

Striving, getting from here to there, making the right connections and trying to catch that right moment can bring about a huge amount of stress. 

A simple drive in a car brings about these same types of things.  Catching the light, choosing the right line on the entrance ramp, watching out for people in your way or getting around the ones that are slowing you up and most of all…getting there on time.

Freedom, relief and peace can come in such a simple phrase when we hear, “Its okay.”

I’ve realized I have finally reached that place in my life. It’s okay. 

Time after time God has shown me that no matter what I do, He is there and He takes care of me.  I can’t make it happen, but He can and He does. 

He’s timed a license plate in front of me that read, “O LORI” at a critical time for forgiveness.  He’s had me meet people that later are part of a bigger plan that He had already started.  He has timed things to the second after years of Him putting all the details together.  I didn’t miss that moment.  I got there exactly at the right time and so did the other person and events. 

In all of these things I have relaxed.  I know that when it seems I’m held up, it is His timing.  When I think it’s happening too fast, He helps me keep up. 

He’s got this.

Last week I was on my way to an evening planned for women that was offering prophetic encounter times.  I left home half an hour before it was to start.  I anticipated a 25 minute drive.

One road close after another.  A wrong turn.  A missed light.  Huge traffic back-ups and finally I got there.  It was the wrong campus. It had reached ridiculous status. I walked back across the parking lot with my head tipped back and laughingly said to God, “Are you kidding me?!”

I knew deep down He was with me and its okay. 

I began the trek to the other campus.  The same things happened.  I finally got to that church and the sign on the door said it was in the school next door.  I laughed out loud.  ‘”C’mon!  This is a prophetic encounter, do you You think You could have given me a clue as to at least one or two better roads to go on to get here?!”

I was nearly an hour and a half late at this point.

Humorously exasperated with Him, I walked up to the table where some women were taking names.  I told them what time I had left home and wished that the LORD could have given me a clue about the right roads to take since this was a night focusing on prophetic.  They giggled, too.  As I bent over to write my name on the list, there, three names ahead of mine was my dear friend’s name.  She had arrived not much earlier than me.

Neither of us knew that the other was attending or even knew about it.

A woman led me into the room filled with women singing and waiting for their time to go and pray.  Not knowing, she seated me directly in front of my friend. 

As I watched all of this happen, I nodded my head and smiled to myself, I knew I was right on time.  My friend saw me and waved at me with surprise as I slipped into my chair.

From behind me she reached her hand out and touched my shoulder and leaned forward and whispered in my ear that she needed a little favor.  She had wanted to record her prayer time and her recorder wasn’t working.  She asked if I could write things down for her when her prayer time was happening. 

The trust and friendship that we have for one another is special.  It was me that got to be with her and she was comfortable.  She also blessed me by writing for me, too.  I hadn’t even thought of doing that.

Later she shared how she had an appointment at work that ran late and she didn’t leave her home until 40 minutes after I had.  She even lived further away from the event than I did.  She also shared that she had thought to invite me to this event, but didn’t because she knew I normally had another study I attend on that night.  The LORD had her covered and He blessed me through it.  Had I arrived at the start time I would have probably have been done and had left and never saw her.

When I did head home, it only took me twenty minutes to get home.

My husband had just filled the car for me before I had left for this.  I wasn’t too low on gas, but I would have been with the unplanned detours and missed turns.  I got back and he saw the mileage on the car.  He couldn’t believe how many miles I had put on to go there and jokingly asked if I had driven to Canada.

Every little detail is covered.

Every little minute is His and when we realize that it’s okay, there is peace and blessing.

He’s got this.

Psalm 40:5  Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

No comments:

Post a Comment